Welcome and Thank you for visiting FinallyInspired.com
In October 2013 I was sitting at a restaurant with my kids. My son, who was 5 years old at the time, was drawing a picture on the place mat. I was chatting with my husband and 7 year old daughter, while eating an extra cheesy omelette with a large stack of pancakes, so I wasn't really paying too much attention to his art work. When he was done, he handed it to me. It was a family portrait. He drew my husband, his sister, and himself as lean stick figures, and me as a big round circle. I looked at the picture very sad, and as if I didn't know, I asked him why he drew me as a circle. He said "because you're so fat!"
My son was right. I was 325 pounds, on my 5'5'' frame. I had tried to lose weight many times, but always gave up on myself and quickly gained it back. My weight was not only a bad influence on my kids, but it kept me from enjoying my life. Getting up from the couch, lifting a gallon of milk from the fridge, and even falling asleep at night were all difficult because of my large size. I was pre-diabetic, with high cholesterol, and high blood pressure.
I wish I could say that story of being drawn as a circle was really my turning point, but it wasn't. It's just an example of the many, many, many times I felt ashamed of my weight. The turning point did not come until 2016 and it wasn't one thing, it was everything. For years I had made excuses, given up on myself, and wished I could find the inspiration to finally lose weight and keep it off forever.
At 35 years old I truly reflected and I asked myself what I really wanted from my future. I wanted self confidence, and the energy and ability to do things I have always wanted to like hiking, horse back riding, tubing in a river, going on water slides, or even just sitting comfortably in a crowded movie theater. I knew that I could have these things, but it would take a lot of work and dedication.
This website is called Finally Inspired because that is how I felt when I started my journey. I was finally inspired to do change the way I was living my life so I could have the confidence, energy, and happiness I had always wanted for myself.
When I started my journey I had a lot of options, such as gastric bypass, diet pills, or any one of the fad diets that were popular and being pushed down my throat by every other person I met, but I chose to lose weight on my own. At first I just started by eating a bit less and walking a few times a week. Even then, I wanted to be able to do this without following any program so I could say to people who are struggling, "I did this, so you can too!"
Now, I have lost 175 pounds and I have a real understanding of what it takes to make lasting, real change and that is why it is my mission to support other people on their weight loss journey.
Join my free weight loss support community on Facebook, where we share ideas, love, and encouragement!
If you are in the San Francisco Bay Area, attend an inspiring event that brings together local resources, and lots of fun!
Recent Blog Posts
- Feb 20, 2018 Hiking Pictures, the Trails of East Contra Costa County Feb 20, 2018
- Feb 15, 2018 Preparing for a Half Marathon Feb 15, 2018
- Feb 15, 2018 Losing Weight Through Stressful Times Feb 15, 2018
- Feb 14, 2018 Getting Back on Track with Weightloss After a Setback Feb 14, 2018
- Feb 3, 2018 Low Calorie Vegetable Soup Feb 3, 2018
- Jan 26, 2018 3 Simple Steps To Lose Body Fat Jan 26, 2018
- Jan 26, 2018 Teenage Smoker Jan 26, 2018
- Jan 10, 2018 Vegan Stuffed Peppers Jan 10, 2018
- Jan 6, 2018 Scrambled Tofu Jan 6, 2018
- Jan 5, 2018 Vegan Shepard's Pie Jan 5, 2018
- Jan 5, 2018 Elegant, Vegan Portabella Mushroom Wellington Jan 5, 2018
- Jan 5, 2018 Easy, Vegan Black Bean Tacos Jan 5, 2018
- Dec 28, 2017 "I'm Sorry" Dec 28, 2017
- Dec 26, 2017 Weight Prejudice in the Work Place Dec 26, 2017
- Dec 15, 2017 Personal Style at 325 Pounds Dec 15, 2017
- Dec 14, 2017 How much money does it cost to lose weight? Dec 14, 2017
- Dec 12, 2017 3 Years of New Years Resolutions Dec 12, 2017
- Dec 11, 2017 Taking Total Control of Binge Eating Dec 11, 2017
- Dec 9, 2017 The Puppy who Changed my Life Dec 9, 2017
- Dec 7, 2017 My Best Exercise for Weight Loss Dec 7, 2017
- Dec 5, 2017 What No One Tells You About Marriage and Weight Loss Dec 5, 2017