The hearty breakfast pictured above might look like eggs and sausage, but it's really scrambled tofu with vegan patties. It was a super filling and high protein breakfast. Scrambled tofu is easy to make and tastes and looks just like eggs!
- 15 oz. package tofu, firm
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. turmeric powder
- 3 Tbsp.vegetable broth
- nondairy butter (optional, I did not need this with some vegetable broth and a non stick pan)
- Drain the tofu from the water.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add vegan butter for a even creamier taste, or use 2 to 3 tbs. of vegetable broth.
- Add tofu and spices together. Using a spatula, cut up the tofu in the pan to look like scrambled eggs.
- Once incorporated, add the vegetable broth (1 tablespoon at a time) bringing the broth to a boil and allowing to fully absorb into the tofu each time.
- Remove from heat and season with sea salt and pepper as desired.